Japanese government will invite 25 students who are interested to study to Japan, to pay a visit to the disaster site from February 13 to February 27, 2013. Participants will be allowed to see and contribute ideas for the site reconstruction.
- Applicants must be UGM students.
- Applicants are active second or third year students.
- Applicants must have an English proficiency with minimum TOEFL score 550.
- Applicants must participate in the whole program of 7 days (safety is guaranteed by the Japanese government).
- Japanese government will provide round trip tickets from Indonesia to Japan.
- Accommodations, transportation, and meals will be provided as well.
- Transportation in Indonesia will be also provided.
- Visitation to the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Visitation to a few schools in Japan.
- Volunteer program in the disaster site.
- Visitation to the historical sites.
- Recommendation letter from the Dean of the faculty addressed to UGM rector.
- Entry form (four copies — download here)
- Copy of the latest transcript in English with minimum GPA 3.0
- Certificate of enrollment (two copies)
- Copy of TOEFL certificate (minimum score 550 ITP) or IELTS minimum 6.0
- Essay in English of 400 words: “If there’s an earthquake disaster in Indonesia, what will you do to contribute?”
Please submit all of the documents to OIA UGM no later than December 26, 2012.